SUBSCRIBE to the Hollywood Editing Mentor YouTube channel to never miss an episode!
Timothy Good, ACE is an editor know for THE LAST OF US, THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY, FRINGE, and GOSSIP GIRL.
Key takeaways from Episode 36 of the Hollywood Editing Mentor Podcast :
- Timothy’s journey to editing high-profile television shows
- How Timothy got the job on THE LAST OF US
- Being open and ready for new career opportunities
- What makes a good mentor
- Being vulnerable as an editor
- The importance of creative feedback
- Did Timothy play the game before working on HBO’s THE LAST OF US?
- Timothy’s experience editing episode 3 of THE LAST OF US
- Editing suspense vs drama
- The story behind the cold open of episode 1 of THE LAST OF US
- Using temp sound effects and music, and creating the sound of Clickers
- Staying true to the game
- How suspense and tension were created in HBO’s THE LAST OF US
- Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey’s performances in THE LAST OF US
- The future of gaming and entertainment
- Timothy’s advice for aspiring film & television editors